Setting Stat-block

(1/14) > >>

Superfluous Crow:
Just an idea, but what would you guys say to add some kind of universal "stat block" to our campaign settings so it's easy to get an overview of some of the most important details (like Name (obviously), genre, major theme, tone, prevalence of magic, system, Interfering/non-interfering gods, human only or not and so on)?

SilvercatMoonpaw:
Yesyesyesyesyesyes!

I find things like this to be some of the most important considerations on whether or not I want to read a setting.  Without this most of the time I try to judge whether I want to bother based on the thread title.

Johnny Wraith:
I think Ish tried doing this a while back, I may be wrong though... Maybe it was just for a contest or something.

Ra-Tiel:
You mean something like this?

SETTING NAME
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Genre: Setting genre (sub-genre)
Major theme: Setting theme (specification)
Tone: Setting tone (adjustments)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Magic: Occcurrance (power level)
Character power level: Character power (restrictions)
Character races: List of allowed character races (sub-races)
Rules system: Setting rules system
Religion: List of prevalent religions (patron deities)
Deities: Level of divine intervention

Superfluous Crow:
Well, yeah, that looks quite nice. :) I reckon you put that together so kudos for that. Don't know whether the religion part is a bit obsolete; it's not like people who visit the site are going to get a lot of information out of that unless the setting creator uses D&D og Real-world gods.
Any other info anybody thinks should be added?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page