Ads

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Discussion: History  (Read 5006 times)
Just a figment of your imagination
Flail Snail

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2007, 10:01:53 AM »

Like I said I still need to read the pantheon thread more, but in your version you took out my hidden joke. sad

Lead by Cecil the Wise, Bertrand the Strong, and Gialra the Mystical

Markas Dalton

Gelatinous Cube

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2007, 10:59:11 AM »

... oh yeah. How did I fail to notice that? tongue

that's much better
Flail Snail

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2007, 07:08:15 PM »

Ishmayl

I still like the idea that the totem "gods" are actually constructs of an ancient race that recent people found and activated; maybe this somehow started some "Big War."  Now they're all deactivated, but wherever they settled down (or bit the dust), that's where the city-states spawn that worship them... I'm probably in the minority here, though.

I like this. I get the image of governments or what have you creating and manipulating gods... maybe a god or two turns its back on its creators, its silence heralding the end of that city state.

I also for whatever reason see this rocky, hilly, grassy place... like a cross between Ireland and New Zealand... and big cylindrical statues covered in relief work popping out of the ground all covered in ages of moss and soil... don't know what to do with the image, but it seemed like a cool idea. Maybe a picture of what it would look like when gods were summoned?

Beejazz's Homebrew System
 Beejazz's Homebrew Discussion

I don't believe in it anyway.
What?
England.
Just a conspiracy of cartographers, then?

Just a figment of your imagination
Flail Snail

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2007, 02:22:51 PM »

Maybe one or two like that, but I still like the totems being living or once living creatures, or even objects. Ishmayl's dwarves that worship a volcano as a god is a great idea.

Markas Dalton

I'm a dragon. Rawr, and stuff.
Gelatinous Cube

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2007, 02:33:45 PM »

brainface

dude, was that where you were godzilla, kingkong, or the wolfman, and had to destroy all the buildings on the level? punching out people who were trying to shoot you thru windows?
cuz that game ROCKED.

I love that game! The best part is, I live near one of the largest classic arcades in America (I believe it's the largest, but I'm not 100% sure on that), so I still get the chance to play it. I can also play Double Dragon, Playboy Pinball, Pacman, and even the Atari Star Wars game!

Before you accept advice from this post, remember that the poster has 0 ranks in knowledge (the hell I'm talking about)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: