Ads

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Discussion: History  (Read 5005 times)
Black Belt in Chicken and Spoon Style Kung-Fu
Giff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2006, 07:07:43 PM »

Ishmayl

It could always be just like the fall of Rome... it starts with something as simple as lead pipes, everyone getting poisoned.  Then there are the civil wars and arsons, then there's a plague, then the rulers of the empire lose the extremely minimal control over the totem gods that they had, and the gods go "wacky" on the empire.

Sounds perfect. A nice series of unfortunate events weakening the stability of the empire, and then BLAM godzilla time! And the nice part is that it puts a precedent in place for high level or even epic level encounters, if you ever decide to go down that road.

EDIT: I do not however advocate that the totem gods are running around smashing cities today. This was a unique occurance that has happened only once in the past. Normally the totem gods should only be active a few at a time, and in the wilder parts of the world, nowhere near the cities. I don't want the setting to turn into 8-bit Rampage (I suspect only Cymro is going to have any memory of this game).  

-Nasty-

The spoon is mightier than the sword

official loser
Modron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2006, 07:26:30 PM »

dude, was that where you were godzilla, kingkong, or the wolfman, and had to destroy all the buildings on the level? punching out people who were trying to shoot you thru windows?
cuz that game ROCKED.

"The perfect is the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

Giff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2006, 07:30:32 PM »

That's the one! I loved it too, but it wouldn't make a good RPG now would it?

-Nasty-

- your only hope -
Owlbear

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2006, 11:15:12 PM »

nasty

I don't want the setting to turn into 8-bit Rampage (I suspect only Cymro is going to have any memory of this game).
that[/i] old of a game is it?

i mean, i totally remember it.

"So, Scientology, you may have won THIS battle, but the million-year war for earth has just begun!" the two said in a statement that seemed to parody Scientology as science fiction. "Temporarily anozinizing our episode will NOT stop us from keeping Thetans forever trapped in your pitiful man-bodies. Curses and drat! You have obstructed us for now, but your feeble bid to save humanity will fail! Hail Xenu!!!"

The Captain of Crunch
Gelatinous Cube

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2006, 11:24:19 PM »

Hey, I played it on the Sega Master System. I'm getting the feeling that I'm one of the older 'gents' here.

I agree that "most" of the totems shouldn't be smash happy all the time, but I disagree that they should be "inactive" most of the time. They're creatures, they should be awake regularly like regular creatures. They'll be peaceful most of the time, living in their secluded areas. They're gods, so they don't really "need" to eat, so they aren't going to mess up the ecosystem or anything like that.

Endless Horizons: Action and adventure set in a grand world ripe for exploration.

Proud recipient of the Silver Tortoise Award for extra Krunchyness.

Giff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2006, 03:15:44 AM »

its not that old of a game is it?

I think I was about eight years old when it came out, so that means it was released about 20 years ago. Here we go http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rampage_%28arcade_game%29. 1986 release date.

-Nasty-

I'm Retired, Ask Nomadic
Flumph

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2006, 09:01:30 PM »

Time to condense most of these ideas and expand other ideas and get this history straight.  Any particular thoughts on this before we start posting things in the wiki?

!turtle Ishmayl, Overlord of the CBG

- Proud Recipient of the Kishar Badge
- Proud Wearer of the \"Help Eldo Set up a Glossary\" Badge
- Proud Bearer of the Badge of the Jade Stage
- Part of the WikiCrew, striving to make the CBG Wiki the best wiki in the WORLD

For finite types, like human beings, getting the mind around the concept of infinity is tough going.  Apparently, the same is true for cows.

Just a figment of your imagination
Flail Snail

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2007, 06:48:39 PM »

This is a proposal for the history of Cebegia, based on what I have read that people like and dislike.

Markas Dalton

I'm Retired, Ask Nomadic
Flumph

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2007, 08:19:43 PM »

Hmmm, apparently CeBeGia's coming back?  If so, I'll be happy to contribute again as well.

!turtle Ishmayl, Overlord of the CBG

- Proud Recipient of the Kishar Badge
- Proud Wearer of the \"Help Eldo Set up a Glossary\" Badge
- Proud Bearer of the Badge of the Jade Stage
- Part of the WikiCrew, striving to make the CBG Wiki the best wiki in the WORLD

For finite types, like human beings, getting the mind around the concept of infinity is tough going.  Apparently, the same is true for cows.

Flail Snail

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2007, 08:42:04 PM »

Well if you would be happy to contribute what did you think of my history proposal? Since you were one of the first group you could tell me if I'm close to what was discussed before.

Markas Dalton

Seeker of Knowledge
Owlbear

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2007, 07:57:46 AM »

I really like that history that is listed. It covers a good deal while leaving lots of room for other important things to be added. It is good overview!

Thanks for writing it.

Those on the Raven's Path Seek Answer to Discover Questions.
Homebrews in progress

- For being extraordinarily knowledgeable in the realm of sequoias. 

Gelatinous Cube

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2007, 08:34:03 AM »

Agreed with the history.

Wiki now?

Although it was suggested in the Wiki thread that Devious could've been responsible for the fall.

Gelatinous Cube

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2007, 06:47:12 PM »

Poseidon

This is a proposal for the history of Cebegia, based on what I have read that people like and dislike.

With edits for the pantheon discussion, here is a slightly revised version.

Flail Snail

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2007, 07:47:53 PM »

It's too early to wiki it, There needs to be more agreement than just two people.

Golem, I'm going to have to read the pantheon discussion again, but the last time I read it not much has been agreed upon. I think totems and non-interactive gods and saints were the only things agreed upon. That is why I let the events very vague, as they are discussed details can be filled in.

Markas Dalton

Gelatinous Cube

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2007, 01:57:05 AM »

That was just what I got from the suggested (and apparently agreed upon) Saints. I have no problem with your version, it's just the two threads seem to be contradicting one another. tongue

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: