Ads

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: CBG Code of Conduct  (Read 12603 times)
I'm Retired, Ask Nomadic
Flumph

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2006, 06:52:21 PM »

Hey guys,
Due to some rising concerns about a few issues here, it's time to break out a [very minimal] Code of Conduct.  While we're still in our baby stages here, it's pretty small, and I'm sure most of you will notice (in particular, those of you who frequent WotC or the GitP forums) that it is an extremely lax CoC.  It may get more detailed as time wears on and more issues arise, but for the time being, this is all we need.

:: Ahem ::

Code of Conduct

We are just a few rules (the third of which is broken down).  It's pretty easy to get along with us here.

1. Please read the FAQ.

2. We don't censor here, but seriously, Pirates don't get to bitch.  If you download WotC or other products illegally, you may not review them, talk about them, complain about them, or bitch about them on this site.  

3. We're working towards being a community, not just a random group of posters, and therefore, a bit of politeness and etiquette should be observed.  Therefore,

* Please don't shoot down other people's ideas; it is okay to disagree (after all, this is a discussion board), but calling their ideas "stupid" or some similar-and-even-less- polite adjectives is pointless.  For more information on how to "Give it and Take it," see
This Wonderful Thread, started by Luminous Crayon.

* If flamed, please don't flame back. Flame wars need two sides, and participating in one is just as bad as starting one.

* Please don't get angry if someone makes fun of your idea. Most likely, that person just has ego problems.

* Please do not post any adult content on the site. There are many younger viewers, as well as the occasional parent, and we want this site to remain friendly to all viewers.

* Check your bad mood at the door, and have fun.
[/list]
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 07:13:03 PM by Ninja D! » Logged

!turtle Ishmayl, Overlord of the CBG

- Proud Recipient of the Kishar Badge
- Proud Wearer of the \"Help Eldo Set up a Glossary\" Badge
- Proud Bearer of the Badge of the Jade Stage
- Part of the WikiCrew, striving to make the CBG Wiki the best wiki in the WORLD

For finite types, like human beings, getting the mind around the concept of infinity is tough going.  Apparently, the same is true for cows.

(Salacious Angel)
Flail Snail

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 07:10:39 PM »

Here here. Are you going to stick this somewhere on the main page?

I'm Retired, Ask Nomadic
Flumph

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 07:29:08 PM »

I'll probably actually post a page somewhere with a direct link, and I may edit the html of the forums main page so that there's a link at the top

!turtle Ishmayl, Overlord of the CBG

- Proud Recipient of the Kishar Badge
- Proud Wearer of the \"Help Eldo Set up a Glossary\" Badge
- Proud Bearer of the Badge of the Jade Stage
- Part of the WikiCrew, striving to make the CBG Wiki the best wiki in the WORLD

For finite types, like human beings, getting the mind around the concept of infinity is tough going.  Apparently, the same is true for cows.

The Godsmith
Flail Snail

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 08:41:57 PM »

I dunno what to say, but in the interest of being productive, or at least maintaining an appearance of such...

I, Natural 20, Critical Threat, etc., do hereby support and agree to follow the above Code of Conduct, as of 12/6/06.  I formally encourage all other members of the CBG to do the same.  Also, I am absolutely dashing!

Out of Character

Wow, I sound all official and stuff...

Previously: Natural 20, Critical Threat, Rose of Montague
- Currently working on: The Smoking Hills - A bottom-up, seat-of-my-pants, fairy tale adventure!

The Ultimate Answer
Giff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 08:54:12 PM »

I, Darkxarth, under whatever guise I am currently appearing, being of unsound mind and body, do hearby state that I agree to follow, to the letter, the Code of Conduct as set down by Overlord Ishmayl on this sixth day of December, in the year two-thousand and six.

Signed,
Darkxarth

-DX

I'm Back BABY!
Modron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 11:00:15 PM »

I, Captain Obvious, regardless of whatever guise I am currently bearing, being of unsound mind and damn sexy body, do hearby state that I agree to follow, to the letter, the Code of Conduct as set down by Overlord Ishmayl on this sixth day of December, in the year two-thousand and six, for a period of no less and no more than 67.435 years (according to the standard calendar of earth).

Signed,
Captain Obvious  !turtle

My Unitarian Jihad Name is Brother Boot Knife of Forgiveness.
Instigator of the Weirdo Invasion! weirdo

!turtle Are you a member of the turtle club? You bet your boots I am!

that's much better
Flail Snail

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 11:11:51 PM »

Are there any alignment restrictions? I'd hate to lose any class features...

Beejazz's Homebrew System
 Beejazz's Homebrew Discussion

I don't believe in it anyway.
What?
England.
Just a conspiracy of cartographers, then?

I'm a dragon. Rawr, and stuff.
Gelatinous Cube

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 11:17:38 PM »

beejazz

yea, this is my biggest dillema, too....

it just sounds so..... LG...

Before you accept advice from this post, remember that the poster has 0 ranks in knowledge (the hell I'm talking about)

Aw yeah....
Giff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 11:18:58 PM »

We, the_taken, regardless of whatever guise we may currently be using, being of soundless minds and bodies covered in slithering tentacles, floating eyeballs, chocolate icecream and fuzzy ears, do hearby state the we agree to follow, to the letter, the Code of Conduct as set down by Overlord Ishmayl, The Grand Tortoise, on the sixth day in December of the 6 year into the 21st century, standard human calander, for a period of no less than the existance of the Campaign Builders Guild.

Signed,
the_taken

Aw yeah....
Giff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 11:22:05 PM »

sdragon1984- the S is for penguin

beejazz

yea, this is my biggest dillema, too....

it just sounds so..... LG...

I'm an evil kitten, and I didn't lose any class/racial/taint abilites because of an oath to the CoC.

Wait... No. Never mind. It's wasn't cause of the CoC. (stupid catsup)

[Over-Rated]
Modron

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 11:22:42 PM »

Meeps says, "Yep."

The Unfinished World campaign setting
Proud recipient of a Silver Dorito Award.
Unless noted otherwise, this post contains no Open Game Content.

Pretty Boi Swag
Gelatinous Cube

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2006, 11:23:54 PM »

The Opal Council operates outside of conventional alignment.

We are discreet with oaths.

-ElDo
It's watching you.

Any contract made with a Roman is bound in iron and as valuable as gold.

that's much better
Flail Snail

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2006, 11:47:56 PM »

In that case... [stuff]

-Beejazz

Beejazz's Homebrew System
 Beejazz's Homebrew Discussion

I don't believe in it anyway.
What?
England.
Just a conspiracy of cartographers, then?

I'm Not A Contra >.>
Owlbear

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2006, 12:31:38 AM »

I'm down. Lighter than most.

Settings I\'ve Designed: Mandria, Veil, Nordgard, Earyhuza, Yrcacia, Twin Lands<br /><br />Settings I\'ve Developed: Danthos, the Aspects Cosmos, Solus, Cyrillia, DIcefreaks\' Great Wheel, Genesis, Illios, Vale, Golarion, Untime, Meta-Earth, Lands of Rhyme

Immortal
Yrthak

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2006, 01:27:41 AM »

Ishmayl

* Please do not post any adult content on the site. There are many younger viewers, as well as the occasional parent, and we want this site to remain friendly to all viewers.
What's the policy on language?

Agreeing to a CoC would be superfluous. I willingly participate, therefore I must abide by rules.
(I'm totally cool with all the rules so far, but I figured I'd point out that people should post their aproval, rather than consent.)

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: