Ads

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: I own a Nintendo Switch (AMA)  (Read 522 times)
Administrator
Gelatinous Cube

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2017, 03:39:08 PM »

Xathan

And this opens a whole other thing for me and Nintendo: I really wish they'd just make games for any platform and stop making consoles.
I think their console business is too successful for this to be a realistic possibility. Sega kind of went this way in that they used to make consoles and they don't any more, but that's because the 32X, Nomad, Saturn, and Dreamcast all failed.

The Captain of Crunch
Gelatinous Cube

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2017, 10:16:28 PM »

sparkletwist

Xathan

And this opens a whole other thing for me and Nintendo: I really wish they'd just make games for any platform and stop making consoles.
I think their console business is too successful for this to be a realistic possibility. Sega kind of went this way in that they used to make consoles and they don't any more, but that's because the 32X, Nomad, Saturn, and Dreamcast all failed.

I don't think this would ever happen.

Endless Horizons: Action and adventure set in a grand world ripe for exploration.

Proud recipient of the Silver Tortoise Award for extra Krunchyness.

[insert witty statement here]
Gelatinous Cube

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2017, 10:19:15 PM »

Xeviat

sparkletwist

Xathan

Oh, it'll never, ever actually happen. I just wish it would.

AnIndex of My Work

Sparkletwist

It's llitul and the brain, llitul and the brain, one is a genius and the other's insane
Proud Receiver of a Golden Dorito

The Captain of Crunch
Gelatinous Cube

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2017, 10:37:13 PM »

Xathan

Xeviat

sparkletwist

Xathan

But I like my hyper efficient, weirdly/innovatively designed systems.

Endless Horizons: Action and adventure set in a grand world ripe for exploration.

Proud recipient of the Silver Tortoise Award for extra Krunchyness.

[insert witty statement here]
Gelatinous Cube

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2017, 12:46:01 AM »

Xeviat

Xathan

Xeviat

sparkletwist

Xathan

But I like my hyper efficient, weirdly/innovatively designed systems.

I like the theory behind them too. But they're niche, Nintendo never makes enough to meet initial demand, and always have some unfortunate problems at launch...like the reports of Nintendo Switches warping, even when left in the docking station, which was the final nail in the coffin for me. I was already leery of paying $360 + taxes just for Zelda, and now knowing about that...once that gets worked out, they'll hopefully have a bigger library and I'll pick it up. On the other hand, if Nintendo made games for other consoles or PC, I would have picked up BoW and be looking forward to the next Mario Cart and Splatoon 2.

AnIndex of My Work

Sparkletwist

It's llitul and the brain, llitul and the brain, one is a genius and the other's insane
Proud Receiver of a Golden Dorito

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: