Ads

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: An Index of My Work  (Read 10787 times)
[insert witty statement here]
Gelatinous Cube

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2006, 01:02:03 AM »

Index of Content

For anyone interesting in looking at some of the things I've created in the past, but not wanting to read the whole thing, here is, for each of the settings, a brief note on length and content.

Settings marked with a *** are currently defunct in that I"m not going to be altering them anymore - if I do decide to re-open any of those settings, it'll be from the ground up, not an update.

Fantasy Settings
***Datrik
***---Discussion
***Thaedia
*** ---Discussion
***Sooth
***---Discussion
***Pirates
***---Discussion
***Sreth
***Unnamed Setting
***---Animals
***Aftermath
***Empires of the Great
***Aelithia
***The Sundered Lands
***Tryad
***Verdant Apocalypse
***New Setting
***Pirates
***Random Setting Collection 1
***Random Setting Collection 2

Alternate Earth/Superheroic Settings
Life in the Aether
--Discussion Thread
***Earth 2085
***Supermodern
***Fallen
***Evolution
***Redemption

Science Fiction Settings
COMING SOON

Other Setting Related Materials
The Mirrored Paths
***Fantasy Progress Levels
***Golemtech

Mechanics
***Ki
***Blood Magic

Races
***Dracemar

Classes
***Golemborg
***Ranger
***Demon Knight

Think Tanks
Fantastic Governments
Layers of the Abyss
Disasters

Fiction
***Forbidden

Miscellaneous
***Expanding the OGL
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 03:11:24 AM by Bacchus » Logged

AnIndex of My Work

Sparkletwist

It's llitul and the brain, llitul and the brain, one is a genius and the other's insane
Proud Receiver of a Golden Dorito

Gelatinous Cube

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 01:05:10 AM »

Aftermath

This was one of my early attempts at a magic/future setting. Reading over it, I remember I decided to start by making variant weapons, since that gave the setting some nice feel, but then stopped because I got bored with guns, and that killed my love for the setting.

AnIndex of My Work

Sparkletwist

It's llitul and the brain, llitul and the brain, one is a genius and the other's insane

Gelatinous Cube

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 01:07:22 AM »

Empires of the Great

Empires should look familiar to some of you, I posted the concept behind it in a thread sitting around here awhile back, before I posted Thaedia. This is actually one of my older concepts, though very little on it was actually written down - I have trouble working this as a game setting, though it would work well for a novel.

AnIndex of My Work

Sparkletwist

Gelatinous Cube

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 01:12:02 AM »

Aelithia

Aelithia is actually my first attempt at a setting, and it still pops up in my mind from time to time. Someone familiar with Datrik will recognize the tone, and some other things, about the setting.

This next section of text is from an email I wrote to my good friend and writing mentor. I don't have her reply, unfortunatly, but the style is email because of it. This is also where I first introduce the concept of the Lowerlands, which is one of my favorite ideas.

AnIndex of My Work

Sparkletwist

Gelatinous Cube

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 01:23:30 AM »

The Sundered Lands

Perhaps my most developed setting, the Sundered Lands actually has more material written about it than Datrik, Thaedia, or Sooth. Note that well developed doesn't actually mean good, and most of the Sundered lands needs alot of work.

This was a file of thoughts I found about the Sundered Lands when trying to revamp it at one point. Alot of them contradict the sundered land creation story I posted earlier, but this list was written about eight months ago, while the rest of the setting was written about a year and a half ago.

AnIndex of My Work

Sparkletwist

Gelatinous Cube

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 01:30:08 AM »

Tryad

One of my earlier attempts at a setting. The Faerie/Nykalix planes found their way, modified, into Thaedia.

AnIndex of My Work

Sparkletwist

Gelatinous Cube

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 01:31:36 AM »

Random Creation Myth #1

I have a file of random creation myths. I'm going to post this one first, and will post more at another date.

AnIndex of My Work

Sparkletwist

Gelatinous Cube

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 01:37:48 AM »

Drakan Aelith

This was actually made for a message board I used to free-form on, trying to establish a city that could be used as a gathering place. Like many of my early ideas, I wanted to cram every race possible into a small area, and it shows strongly here.

The term Aelith and Aelithia and such are used in various settings of mine, because I like the way the word sounds.

AnIndex of My Work

Sparkletwist

Gelatinous Cube

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 01:52:12 AM »

Verdant Apocalypse

This was posted on the WOTC boards a long time ago, though the thread still exists: Here. It was well recieved by them, but unfortunatly, real life pulled me away, and by the time I got back, the thread had sunk and I didn't feel like reviving it.

AnIndex of My Work

Sparkletwist

Gelatinous Cube

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 03:01:24 AM »

Anyone have any thoughts? Love them? hate them? don't want to read them?

AnIndex of My Work

Sparkletwist

The Godsmith
Flail Snail

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 09:53:21 AM »

I like Verdant Apocalypse, sounds interesting...  Can't believe you totally made a new thread for this after I made the dice bag...  Hurting my feelings and all...  but yeah, I'd love to see these developed if you have the time, talk to me on aim about them sometime.

Previously: Natural 20, Critical Threat, Rose of Montague
- Currently working on: The Smoking Hills - A bottom-up, seat-of-my-pants, fairy tale adventure!

Gelatinous Cube

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2006, 02:33:46 PM »

I'm definitaly going to be developing these worlds further...these are my earliest works that are good enough to show, hence the roughness. Sorry about not using the dice bag, I'll be posting some other stuff there soon. tongue

AnIndex of My Work

Sparkletwist

Gelatinous Cube

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2006, 02:11:39 PM »

New World

An unnamed setting, New World features the first appearance of my idea of Goblyns.

AnIndex of My Work

Sparkletwist

Yrthak

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2006, 02:24:51 PM »

Winged Hobgoblyns? An interesting twist.

Ah, the old balance of the four humors.  Good stuff!

Greek democracy?  As in only one in one hundred get to vote? ;)

Gelatinous Cube

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2006, 02:30:38 PM »

Yeah, I have this mental image of Winged Hobgoblyns that I just can't shake. Glad you like, I want to move away from standard DnD Hobgoblins.

yeah, I decided that balance of humors thing would be fun to add in, and will definatly have spells that directly interfear with them.

Pretty much, yeah. Citizens get the vote, all others dont, and citizens are landowning human males who were born/naturalized and worship the right god, which cover a very small portion of the population. tongue

AnIndex of My Work

Sparkletwist

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: